1. What is the subject of the announcement?
2. What does the teacher want the students to do?
Now you will hear a longer conversation and a teacher talking to a class. Each is followed by four questions.
3. What are the speakers mainly discussing?
4. Why is the boy excited?
5. Where does the boy say he may go this weekend?
6. Why does the girl suggest that the boy go to the art room?
7. What is the main topic of the talk?
8. According to the teacher, what is one activity that both leafcutter ants and people do?
9. What does the teacher say many people think must be true about leafcutter ants?
10. What did the experiments show about leafcutter ants?
1. What time will the festival begin?
2. In line 2, the word feature is closest in meaning to _______.
3. What job will be done the day before the festival begins?
4. Who is told to talk to Ms. Braxton?
5. What would be the best title for the story?
6. In line 6, the word performed is closest in meaning to _______.
7. Why is Bill upset?
8. Why does Bill play well when Joe is watching him?
9. Why does Joe decide to gather a group of people?
10. At the end of the story, all of the following people watch Bill practice EXCEPT _____.
11. Why does the group have to be quiet when they go to the basketball court?
12. Which title best summarizes the main idea of the passage?
13. In line 3, the words pays heed to are closest in meaning to ______.
14. Based on the passage, what is probably true about the south of France?
15. According to the passage, which animals appear most often on the cave walls?
16. In line 8, the word depict is closest in meaning to _______.
17. Why was painting inside the Lascaux complex a difficult task?
18. In line 12, the word They refers to _______.
19. According to the passage, all of the following have caused damage to the paintings
EXCEPT _______ .
20. What does the passage say happened at the Lascaux caves in 1963?